Thursday, November 28, 2013

Happy #Thanksgiving! And the Things Rach is Thankful for...

I'd like to wish you all a wonderful and sexy Thanksgiving!


It's been hard for me to come up with things for which I am thankful this year. I have buried two family members, and a family pet in the last ten months, and have another family pet who is terminal. It's been a whopper of a year, and a friend of mine has blamed it on the year "13".

As the year nears a close, however, I remember that while today was a difficult day, it was not nearly the disaster I was worried it would would be. We made it through, with the stuffing, and the gravy, and the fall-off-the-bone turkey, and it wasn't until the rush of the meal prep and cleanup was over that I realized that though our family seems to be growing smaller with every passing year, the core of love, support, and humor is still there. We are battered, bruised, and sometimes beat-down. But today was filled with laughter instead of tears, and I am eternally grateful for the family I still have, and the new addition to the household, our five-month-old Shepard mix Honey. In just over a week this little girl has made herself right at home.

I am also thankful for my writing, my love of words, my craft, and my readers. While this past year has seen a lot of personal turmoil, it has also brought me some great professional growth. I've published two books since January, and worked on a third and fourth, one currently under contract with Twenty or Less Press, due out soon. My writing has given me a place to escape, to focus, and to look forward to, and for that I am exceptionally thankful.


What are you all thankful for this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment